Top 10 Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Top 10 cryptocurrency exchanges based on reported trading volumes:
- Founded in 2017 and headed by Changpeng Zhao, Binance is currently the largest crypto exchange by trading volume.
- One of the most popular fiat-to-crypto exchanges, Coinbase went public in 2021. It's popular among retail traders.
- An old, reputable exchange started in 2011. Known for security and a wide range of assets.
- A Hong Kong-based exchange that offers a wide selection of altcoins.
- A relatively new but rapidly growing exchange founded in 2019 by Sam Bankman-Fried.
- A veteran exchange that's been operational since 2012. Caters more towards professional traders.
- Founded in 2013, Gate.io is one of the oldest Chinese exchanges, known for exotic asset offerings.
- A regulated US-based exchange founded by the Winklevoss twins.
- Huobi Global
- Originally a Chinese exchange that now operates out of Seychelles after China's crypto ban.
- A prominent exchange that started in China but departed due to regulatory concerns. Trading in derivatives is available.
Mexc is another very popular exchange.
Because of their liquidity, listing options, and user base, these exchanges routinely rank in the top ten by volume. Traders are very competitive.